background

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

leaving it all behind


I know I've hinted...insinuated...mentioned...maybe even rambled about the idea of traveling full time. What I haven't done is officially declared that for the last 2.5 years we have been PLANNING our escape into the wild unknown.   

Wander -  vertical print

The secret (though not really...right?) is that we are leaving the rat race, and we are joining the ranks of full time travelers.  We plan to take our time and enjoy the next few years...whatever they may hold for us.  We have so many plans, ideas, things we want to do and see...but in the end, we know that we can't hold to any schedule.  We are going to follow the wind and enjoy.

Our goal is to live a life that we don't need a vacation from.

The money is saved, the plans are in place, the date is set.  We are leaving the American Dream to follow our own.  And as it turns out, it's the very thing I've always wanted...I just didn't realize until we went through this process of digging deep and figuring out what kind of people we really wanted to be.


I have been waiting so long to say this out loud, I think this is what it feels like to burst.

I think I just burst...whew...that felt good.




2 comments:

g2 said...

Praying for all of you for a mighty, memorable, fun filled, unique and totally far-out adventure. Somewhat comparable to my 1972 "summer of love" adventure in my yellow 64 panel econoline-turned-camper van, and much of it IS a bit hazy, it was truely the uber-coolest to wake up every couple of days in different places on a trip that covered much of the country. Every evening I felt grateful, every morning was full of sunshine and new wonder. I hope it proves as joyful an experience for all of you as it did for me. (A thought: Go back and read Steinbeck's "Travels with Charley" and (parts of) Jack Kerouac's "on the road" with the kids to get into the rush - I'd read them both the season before I did my oddyssey) Love you guys!

Unknown said...

New to Ketchikan. We homeschool our boys,and look forward to following your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...